Friday, January 9, 2015

Declaration of War on Vincent Van Gogh

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. My holidays were a roller coaster ride. The weekend before Christmas, I made the kids and Joe some yummy in your tummy dampfnudeln that were so perfect your toes could curl. Heaven in a bowl.

Christmas Eve I stayed up  until almost 0100, with Momma. Not only did we have stockings to help Santa fill, but we spent hours creating a most scrumptious breakfast of homemade sticky buns. They were glorious! Unfortunately, I never managed to snap a pic. Just close your eyes and imagine this:
warm bubbly yeast rising, lots of cinnamon and sugar rolled into cinnamon rolls, caramel created from scratch with pecans in the bottom of the pans for the cinnamon rolls to bake up nice and golden and ewy gewy. I was worried that the rain would wreak havoc, but those sticky buns turned out simply perfect.

The day after Christmas I woke up to an empty pot of coffee... ENTER THE MONSTER. Momma said "hunny, the last cup of coffee in the pot is yours" Yeah, what cup of coffee. It would seem that someone in my family played a cruel joke which in turn triggered the beast within. It wasn't pretty.

I know that I usually write something up on New Years Eve. You know the whole "out with the old and in with the new" mumbo jumbo. I couldn't come up with anything creatively awesome this year, so I spent the evening with a pizza and a bottle of wine, in the bed, watching episodes from the 90's Charmed show. I totally live life on the edge.

Finally, before I leave you, as the title of this post reads... YES! I have declared war on Vincent Van Gogh. I have spent 6 hours this week working on Starry Night. I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED! With as small as the stitches are, you would think you could see more of an improvement than what you do. Grrrr.

Until next time....
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment