Monday, May 12, 2014

Where did April go?

Half of May is gone as well. It's mind boggling! I guess time really flies by when you are a busy gal.

I've been working on several WIPs in the last few weeks, but I'm only going to show you how far my sunflowers are at the present time because I'm adding a few other things in to this post. You know me... just wonky enough to skip around. :)

I'm so excited that the bottom half is complete! I think they are really starting to pop.

I actually finished my jewelry frame about a year ago... just never thought to post it. I have an armoire,  but I grew extremely tired of digging for matching earrings and my necklaces were over flowing. This frame is all of my over flow and hook earrings where I can easily find what I'm looking for. Brilliant, is it not? Just and old frame, some peg board and some paint.



My neighbor, an older cooky sort of fellow, had surgery to remove a gall stone last week. He knocked on my door the day of his surgery and asked if I could run pick up his Rx for him. Just handed me his debit card and pin number like he'd known me for years. Knowing he didn't have anyone else to do it for him, I put my real clothes back on, as I was in my jammies already at 8, and went to get it for him. Well, he surprised me last night by bringing me a plate of food and some Callas for Mother's Day. Very sweet of him, though in a selfish kind of way I hope he is not developing a major attachment as I am not really a sociable gal. I'm neighborly and like to say hi and help my neighbors, but I'm not the type to sit around and chit chat. I guess that makes me a completely horrid person.
But, I have to say, he lucked out on his choice of flowers because Callas are my favorite, right after orchids anyway.







I hope everyone's Monday is behaving! I'll give you a sneak peak of the other WIPS tomorrow! And to all the Mother's out there in their own little corner of the cyber world... HAPPY BELATED MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment