Monday, October 21, 2013

I promise....

I'm still here!
I think I have finally found my way out of the funk that seemed to surround me for a few months.
It just seems like I have this massive rain cloud over my noggin and it always rains on my parade.
Enough of the self loathing...

I started stitching again this past weekend! It's kind of crazy... what put me in the mood, that is.
The kids and I had just dropped a package in the mail...

Ok, it was 7.2 lbs, so it wasn't literally dropped. Let me digress for a sec to explain the package. My Li'l Brother is on a deployment and he cannot get oreos and skittles... hence the package. 2 packs of mega stuffed oreos, 2 boxes of graham crackers with peanut butter, a 2 lb bag of jolly ranchers and a 5 lb bag of skittles. Moving on...

After leaving the Post Office, we passed by one of the local cemeteries. I noticed that one of the grave's had a cross that was laying down. It took me a split sec to park the car. The kids were freaked at this time because mom has gone nuts around the dead people. After a little bit of cajoling, I managed to get them out of the car. It turned in to quite an excursion. For at least an hour, we straightened the flowers and flags on graves. My girl also helped me right a grave stone that had fallen on it's face. No easy task, I tell you. We probably didn't even cover 1/4 of the cemetery, so we have plans to return. I'm proud to say my kids had a good time and I told them to consider it an act of kindness. It was a good afternoon.

And thus... an excursion with the kids, a little fresh air with acts of kindness and I'm back to stitching.



No comments:

Post a Comment